Choose MA Education
Our MA Education focuses on supporting education practitioners to deliver with confidence.
Why choose to study at Derby?
Our MA Education will give you stimulating ideas to take back into your workplace, food for thought about your practice, and opportunities to enhance your own students' learning.
About our MA Education (full-time)
- You'll explore education in its fullest sense - from its pivotal role in society to the theories, policies and practices which influence, change and enhance it
- You can be sure that you'll be up to date with the latest theory and practice
- A masters degree can boost your CV and enhance your career prospects
- You will undertake an independent study which will develop your confidence, research skills, and the expertise that is required of a senior member of the educational profession.
Studying MA Education (full-time) enables you to concentrate fully on your masters. The full time route means you'll gain a postgraduate qualification quickly, without compromising on quality.
About our MA Education (part-time, on campus)
- You can tailor the course to your own interests by selecting the straight MA Education or by selecting one of our nine specialist pathways
- The practical research elements will be based on your own professional practice so the course is relevant to your individual career progression
- The course will give you stimulating ideas to take back into your workplace, food for thought about your practice, and opportunities to enhance your own students' learning
- This course has been designed with a flexible approach to meet your individual and workplace needs.
Our MA Education (part-time) can enhance your progress in your educational career. Many of our graduates have found that the course was the catalyst that encouraged them to apply for new posts.
About our MA Education (part-time, work based)
- This course is ideal for schools and colleges looking to develop groups of up to 20 staff
- We will work in partnership with you to develop content that meets your needs
- Our work based learning approach enables you to tailor what your staff learn to their own professional development and your organisation's priorities
- You can tailor the course to your own interests by selecting the straight MA Education or by selecting one of our nine specialist pathways.
As a student of our MA Education (full-time), you will benefit personally and professionally, whilst also gaining a valuable postgraduate award.
Join us at an open day
Book your place at our next open day - this will give you the opportunity to attend subject talks, tour the University and speak to both the teaching team and current students with the College of Education.