Legal education with global reach
Derby Law School has an extensive network of global associates and partners, including some overseas franchises. These help us to ensure our knowledge and experience, and therefore our curriculums, are truly international.
This means you will make an impact, no matter which part of the world your career takes you to.
Derby Law School students come from all over the world – over 120 countries in fact. From India, China and Nigeria to Greece, Canada and Spain to name but a few.
Across the University, we have nearly 1,700 international students studying with us, and they all enjoy Derby’s friendly and supportive atmosphere.
If you are an international student, here's what we have to offer:
- A high-quality, international law curriculum which is affordable
- A diverse range of law tutors with international experience
- Smaller class sizes and a personal tutor system, which will help you settle in
- A dedicated International Student Centre, which offers you support and guidance throughout your time at Derby – from when you are thinking about applying, right up until your graduation
- Guaranteed accommodation in halls of residence for at least your first year, so you can make friends quickly and feel reassured that you have safe and affordable housing, which is close to the campus.
Exchange opportunities and overseas visits
You can take part in exchanges with countries as diverse as South Africa and Sweden, as well as overseas study tours and opportunities to visit the US, Italy, Malaysia and Indonesia.
These are a great opportunity to gain a new perspective on your subject, experience different cultures and see more of the world.
Partners far and wide
We are developing a global reputation as a key player in legal education, through successful partnerships with other education institutions and organisations. These include:
- The United Nations Training and Research Institute – They are helping us incorporate specialist training in negotiation and international law into the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculums
- The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission – We are working with this body to provide accredited training to anti-corruption officers across Southeast Asia
- BAC – International Education Pathway – This is a private educational institution in Bangladesh, which currently runs a University of Derby BA (Hons) Law (Top-Up)
- The National Police College in Qatar – We are providing quality assurance and enhancement for this new college
- The Royal Malaysian Police – Every police officer in Malaysia will have their training accredited by Derby Law School and the University of Derby.