Advanced Diploma in Professional Estimating
Work based learning is better for business. Unlike traditional 'training courses', it enables you to tailor what your employees learn to the needs of your organisation. Your employees develop skills that directly help them in their role, and it leads to knowledge that is put to use straight away.
Using this programme structure as an overarching framework we will work in partnership with you to develop content that meets your needs and objectives, creating a programme that delivers both immediate and sustained impact. All that's required is a group of 12 or more delegates.
Why choose this programme?
Your company will benefit from an enhancement of skills. Upon successful completion of the module the employee will be able to:
- Critically evaluate and appropriately apply traditional pre-contract estimating and cost control techniques in a built environment context.
- Critically assess, analyse and appraise methods in the estimating and tendering process and evaluate in depth the relationship between building design and cost.
- Critically analyse, evaluate the effectiveness of alternative techniques used by contractors in the estimating process to determine the cost implications of construction operations.
Start date(s): Flexible, to suit your company requirements.
Programme length: The programme is 25 weeks of in-company learning and 15 days of taught work spread over an agreed period. Lectures - 26 hours Tutorials - 54 hours Direct study - 70 hours
Number of credits:
This programme has been developed to meet your specific company requirements in professional estimating. The workshops are built and timed around your company timetable.
- Study part time, learn whilst working
- The course is tailored to ensure that it is relevant directly to your workplace and business needs.
- A flexible approach is agreed to suit the company and learner.
- A tailored programme of delivery which can include an e-learning content.
- Learners are supported by our dedicated operational team at University of Derby Corporate.
We've recently worked with VINCI Construction UK to develop the Advanced Diploma in Professional Estimating, based on this course but tailored to to specifically meet their requirements.
- Working with tender documents through the estimate process and final bid submission. Post tender review and feedback.
- Pricing the works, unit rates, plant rates, material quotations, sub-contract quotations and Price fluctuations.
- Other estimating techniques - Composite unit rate, cost planning. Design & build contracts.
- Bid management, risk management, value management, health & safety, supply chain management.
- Computerisation, e-commerce and e-bidding.
The training module will be tailored to suit the company needs but as a guide the training will be delivered through lectures, tutorials and case studies.
- Lectures - 26 hours
- Tutorials - 54 hours
- Direct study - 70 hours
Contact us for the latest fee information.