MSc Business and Reward Management
Why choose this course?
- This programme is the ultimate qualification in the payroll and pension profession in the UK, run by the CIPP in conjunction with the University of Derby Corporate Learning
- By attaining this MSc, you will enhance your career, and increase your general business acumen and strategic thinking ability, and at the same time achieving a significant personal goal
- It is delivered through distance learning and weekend workshops, giving you the flexibility to fit studying around your career
- Workshops take place early in each study year, helping you settle in to the course material. They begin on Friday mornings and finish on Saturday evening.
Start date(s): January
Course length: Part time, three years
Programme Level: Level 7
Number of credits: 180 credits
This MSc doesn’t just scratch the surface; with the recognition and respect of its professional body, it digs deep, asks searching questions and ultimately alerts employers to your deep strategic understanding and ability to apply payroll business management practice.
Run in conjunction with the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP), the programme is ideal for individuals looking to further their career, who already hold a CIPP qualification or degree, or have relevant payroll experience. You will gain the skills to operate at a strategic business level within your organisation.
You will study part time by distance learning. Tutorial workshops supplement the distance learning study packs and encourage you to get together with your fellow students to exchange ideas and experience. They also enable you to apply the understanding learnt through the study packs to practical payroll and pension management problems.
The workshops play a vital role in feedback and guidance, as well as providing an opportunity to have questions answered and areas of uncertainty clarified. They are held at the start of each module and help you to settle in to the course material. They commence on Friday mornings and finish on Saturday afternoon.
The MSc Business and Reward Management is a part time programme that runs over three years.
You will study these modules:
Postgraduate Certificate in Business and Reward Management
- Appreciating Skills for Career Development and Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Management of Remuneration (20 credits)
- Leading a Dynamic Organisation and its Workforce (20 credits)
Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Reward Management
- Developing a Strategic Approach to Reward Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Business Finance for Non-accountancy Professionals (20 credits)
- Research Methodologies (20 credits)
MSc in Business and Reward Management
- Managing International or Global Remuneration Practise (20 credits)
- Independent Study (40 credits)
The MSc programme is distance learning and each module has a two day tutorial workshops which is held at University of Derby Enterprise Centre (DE1 3LD). All study material is accessed online.
Blended learning - combining workshops and self study - enables you to remain in employment whilst enhancing your career prospects through qualifications.
It allows you to learn at your own pace from the comfort of your own home, while still feeling confident of adequate support.
How you're assessed
You will be assessed through coursework, which focuses on how you apply your knowledge to your place of work.
There is a demand for business and reward management postgraduates at masters level and you'll have the relevant quantitative and qualitative skills on completion to pursue such positions.
All enquiries and applications for the MSc are dealt with by CIPP:
T: 0121 712 1000
Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
Who is it for?
The MSc in Business and Reward Management is aimed at individuals who:
- Have completed the CIPP Diploma in Payroll Management or the CIPP Diploma in Local Government Pensions Management who wish to further their development
- Have completed the CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management or the CIPP Foundation Degree in Pensions Administration and Management who wish to further their development
- Have completed the BA (Hons) in Applied Business and Management or Advanced Diploma in Applied Payroll Management who wish to progress to the next level
- Hold an equivalent qualification attained at level six, for example a BA in another subject
- May not hold any of the above qualifications but have knowledge and experience in a strategic role.
If you don’t hold any of the above qualifications but wish to apply you may be awarded direct access onto the course if you can demonstrate experience via Accredited Prior Learning (APL). APL can be:
- Certified (APCL) – to give recognition of learning which has been formally assessed and for which a certificate has been awarded
- Experiential (APEL) – to recognise that knowledge and skills can be developed through many types of experience, such as work and voluntary activities
You must hold at least three years experience within a business, payroll or pensions environment. In addition your experience should include strategic aspects such as project management, managing change and team leadership.
Please contact CIPP in the first instance to discuss experiential learning.