Collaborative Leadership Within Your Organisation
About this course
How can leaders deliver value through better collaborative working within their organisation?
This one day seminar explores collaborative leadership from an organisation’s internal perspective:
- It seeks to shed light on the strategic context for collaboration between departments, silos and management.
- It will increase the repertoire of collaborative options available to you as a leader, and help you gauge internal stakeholder interest and appetite for collaboration.
- Crucially it will help you to develop and nurture a culture of collaborative working within your organisation.
How can you as a leader build a culture of collaboration within your organisation?
If you do so successfully, it will result in two outcomes:
- Your collaborative in-house working will generate efficiency or improvement gains that were not available if departments or services continued to work in silos.
- When your organisation is successful at internal collaboration, external partnership working will be more readily achieved. You will have what the academics call Collaborative Advantage.
At the centre of all this is you, the collaborative leader. Leading internally, and sometimes beyond your departmental, or service, boundaries.
You will cover:
Assessing the Environment
Interpreting the collaborative landscape both externally and internally
Exploring the strategic options for collaboration
Developing and nurturing a culture of collaboration
You will do this by examining:
- Equipping yourself for the journey
- Understanding your landscape
- Identify the problem
- Capacity building
- Safeguarding the process
This programme is directly relevant to senior staff operating across local government, LEPs, housing associations, further & high education institutions, police, fire & rescue, NHS and social care providers, health and well-being boards, local strategic partnership, neighbourhood and whole-place community budget pilots.
This is part one of a three part programme of short courses. You can choose to join one, two or all three. The workshops offer a qualification pathway to a PG Cert in Collaborative Leadership for individuals seeking to enhance their personal collaborative skills set.
Developed in partnership between University of Derby Corporate and Shared Service Architects.
- A 200 page textbook with full course notes and additional collaborative leadership online for follow-up reading
- 20 highly practical tools, templates and techniques that can be applied immediately to in-house collaborative activity
- A CPD certificate worth a potential £250 reduction in fees for the Postgraduate Certificate in Collaborative Leadership