Collaborative Leadership Between Organisations
About this course
How can leaders work together to secure wider system value through sharing and collaborating?
This one day seminar explores collaborative leadership from an inter-organisational perspective:
- It explores the potential collaborative benefits resulting when leaders align their respective organisational purposes to a shared goal.
- It will shed light on the human dynamics of collaborative working between organisations and the role leaders play in setting the tone and behaviours that underpin powerful partnerships.
- Crucially it will help you secure new ways of joint working by shifting your organisations transformation energies from an internal to a collaborative focus.
How can you as a leader build sustainable and powerful partnerships the deliver better outcomes?
If you do so successfully, it will result in two outcomes:
- Your collaborative leadership will help foster a ‘positive collaborative culture’ across the partnership leading to more rapid cross-organisational service innovations gains
- You will achieve more effective outcomes through better joint commissioning and partnership working.
You will cover:
Leading with a shared purpose
Shared leadership and aligned organisational purposes
Building powerful partnerships
Exploring the options and models for successful inter-organisational collaboration
Jointly improving services to secure enhanced value added
You will do this by examining:
- Equipping yourself for the journey
- Understanding your landscape
- Identify the problem
- Capacity building
- Safeguarding the process
This programme is directly relevant to senior staff operating across local government, LEPs, housing associations, further & high education institutions, police, fire & rescue, NHS and social care providers, health and well-being boards, local strategic partnership, neighbourhood and whole-place community budget pilots.
This is part one of a three part programme of short courses. You can choose to join one, two or all three. The workshops offer a qualification pathway to a PG Cert in Collaborative Leadership for individuals seeking to enhance their personal collaborative skills set.
Developed in partnership between University of Derby Corporate and Shared Service Architects.
- A 200 page textbook with full course notes and additional collaborative leadership online for follow-up reading
- 20 highly practical tools, templates and techniques that can be applied immediately to in-house collaborative activity
- A CPD certificate worth a potential £250 reduction in fees for the Postgraduate Certificate in Collaborative Leadership