In this section
Assessment Only Route to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Why choose this course?
- If you have considerable experience working in schools and/or other educational settings, but do not possess Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), this is the course for you.
- If you are working as an unqualified teacher (paid or unpaid), or if you have extensive and recent experience of teaching in a school or college, the Assessment Only Route allows you to be assessed for QTS.
- It may also be suitable for cover supervisors, Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTAs), or supply teachers.
- It is also a popular route if you are an Overseas Trained Teacher and do not automatically qualify for QTS. Overseas trained teachers who did not gain QTS within the 4 year limit are also eligible to apply.
- It is also available for experienced FE lecturers who are now working in a school and wish to gain QTS.