MSc Applied Petroleum Geoscience (incorporating PG Cert/PG Dip)
Why choose this course?
Achieving this MSc will help raise your profile as a skilled, confident and versatile petroleum geologist with high standards of professional judgement.
- Build on your existing geoscience knowledge to develop a thorough understanding across all aspects of the petroleum system
- Gain the practical abilities to evaluate the technical and commercial risks that affect success in the oil industry
- Put theory into practice with fieldwork in various parts of the UK, including logging core at the British Geological Survey
- Benefit from our small class sizes where you will receive plenty of attention, time and support as you work towards your goals
- Choose a study route to suit you: the course can be completed in a year full time or up to five years part time if you want to study while you work
- Work with the same technical software packages you will use in the petroleum industry
- Enhance your career prospects in industry roles ranging from subsurface analysis and wellsite operations to technical and commercial support
- Enjoy teaching of the highest quality: our MSc was one of the first of its kind to be accredited by The Geological Society