Psychological Wellbeing - Level 7 - 7MH502
About this module
This module will give you the opportunity to experience and evaluate these psychological interventions:
- Cognitive-behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
The module enables you to build resilience and to explore personal themes to create an individual plan to develop and flourish in ever evolving health and social care settings.
The content is based around these themes:
- Evaluating theoretical psychological models of wellbeing
- Reflecting upon and evaluating the application of the psychological interventions in health and social care setting
- Assessment of the interventions in relation to building resilience.
Learning Beyond Registration
Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) is a vital part of developing competent, capable health service practitioners prepared to deliver a dynamic, flexible, quality, client-focused service. If you're employed by the NHS in the East Midlands then you may be eligible for fee-free access to our LBR modules and/or programmes. You'll need to supply evidence of approval from your line manager and Trust Education Lead when you apply.
Find out more about LBR at Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/lbr.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD is a core element of every health and social care professional's development journey. We have CPD modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (levels 6 and 7), which have all been tailored to meet the needs of practitioners and managers working within the health and social care sectors. We have modules to suit nurses, occupational therapists, hand therapists, radiographers, psychotherapists, and those working within complementary therapies.
Which professions is this module aimed at? All Health and Social Care Professionals
Course code: - Module code: 7MH502
Start dates are usually: Start dates are usually: January in Derby, January and April in Chesterfield
Module level: Level 7
Module credits: 20 credits
On successful completion you will be able to:
- Critically appraise the literature appertaining to psychological therapies with a focus on building individual resilience in the workplace and increasing compassion.
- Demonstrate an ability to conceptualise personal, workplace and service user challenges, whilst examining socio-cultural, socio-economic and operational constraints within the workplace.
- Demonstrate a critical, analytical and research-based approach to developing a strategic personal plan which includes the workplace and the service user.
Studying via LBR
If you're employed by the NHS in the East Midlands you may be eligible for fee-free access to out LBR modules. You'll need to supply evidence of approval from your line manager and Trust Education Lead when you apply. Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/lbr
If you're self-funding, then the team you need to contact depends upon how you wish to study. Some modules are available online whereas others are studied on campus, through distance learning or a mixture of the two.