Evidence Based Practice - Level 6 - 6NU504
About this module
This module is for students who require a grounding in the essential elements of evidence based practice. It has relevance for all health care professionals, but is particularly useful for those who have an interest in developing their skills of using research in practice, those who participate in clinical decision making and prior to undertaking a work based project or service improvement.
The module covers a range of areas including:
- The context of Evidence Based Practice
- Types of evidence and knowledge
- Research methodologies
- Finding and reviewing the evidence
- Literature search strategies
- Critical appraisal skills/use of critical appraisal tools
- Decision making and implementation of evidence based practice
- Dissemination and facilitation of change through EBP in practice development
- Policy and guidelines.
Learning Beyond Registration
Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) is a vital part of developing competent, capable health service practitioners prepared to deliver a dynamic, flexible, quality, client-focused service. If you're employed by the NHS in the East Midlands then you may be eligible for fee-free access to our LBR modules and/or programmes. You'll need to supply evidence of approval from your line manager and Trust Education Lead when you apply.
Find out more about LBR at Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/lbr.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD is a core element of every health and social care professional's development journey. We have CPD modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (levels 6 and 7), which have all been tailored to meet the needs of practitioners and managers working within the health and social care sectors. We have modules to suit nurses, occupational therapists, hand therapists, radiographers, psychotherapists, and those working within complementary therapies.
Which professions is this module aimed at? All Health Professionals
Course code: - Module code: 6NU504
Module level: Level 6
Module credits: 20 credits
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to:
- Critically debate the origins, impact and key components of evidence-based practice including its political and economic context.
- Demonstrate critical analysis and evaluation of sources of evidence.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the knowledge and skills required to successfully implement evidence into practice.
Studying via LBR
If you're employed by the NHS in the East Midlands you may be eligible for fee-free access to out LBR modules. You'll need to supply evidence of approval from your line manager and Trust Education Lead when you apply. Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/lbr
If you're self-funding, then the team you need to contact depends upon how you wish to study. Some modules are available online whereas others are studied on campus, through distance learning or a mixture of the two.