Engaging with Service Improvement - Level 7 - 7RD508
About this module
This module is for anyone who has an interest or need to carry out service improvement in their job role however big or small.
It will consider:
- Current developments of service improvement in health and social care
- Applying service improvement theories and methodologies to the workplace
- Evidence-based practice
- Experiencing leadership for service improvement
- Experiencing entrepreneurial and creativity qualities
- Undertaking project management and strategic planning for service improvement
- Employing change management principles (personal, professional and organisational)
- Undertaking evaluation strategies
- Measuring improvement in the workplace
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Working with teams.
Learning Beyond Registration
Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) is a vital part of developing competent, capable health service practitioners prepared to deliver a dynamic, flexible, quality, client-focused service. If you're employed by the NHS in the East Midlands then you may be eligible for fee-free access to our LBR modules and/or programmes. You'll need to supply evidence of approval from your line manager and Trust Education Lead when you apply.
Find out more about LBR at Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/lbr.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD is a core element of every health and social care professional's development journey. We have CPD modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (levels 6 and 7), which have all been tailored to meet the needs of practitioners and managers working within the health and social care sectors. We have modules to suit nurses, occupational therapists, hand therapists, radiographers, psychotherapists, and those working within complementary therapies.
Which professions is this module aimed at? All Health Professionals
Course code: - Module code: 7RD508
Start dates are usually: September and January
Module level: Level 7
Module credits: 40 credits
On successful completion of the module you will be able to:
- Employ thought-through courses of action relating to implementing service improvement taking into account issues beyond the immediate area of practice.
- Manage service improvement activities effectively in the workplace, responding to value-conflicts and uncertainties which extend beyond the immediate area of practice.
- Demonstrate innovation and strategic thinking in the implementation of service improvement activities.
Studying via LBR
If you're employed by the NHS in the East Midlands you may be eligible for fee-free access to out LBR modules. You'll need to supply evidence of approval from your line manager and Trust Education Lead when you apply. Find out more at www.derby.ac.uk/lbr
If you're self-funding, then the team you need to contact depends upon how you wish to study. Some modules are available online whereas others are studied on campus, through distance learning or a mixture of the two.