In this section
BSc (Hons) Data Science
Why choose this course?
- This highly technical course combines theory and practical experience to prepare you for a career at the cutting edge of computer science and data analysis
- You’ll benefit from our great industry links with organisations such as SAS and IBM
- Our strong research background in analytics, visualisation and cloud computing – together with our growing reputation in the field of ‘big data’ – means you’ll be supported by tutors who are leading experts
- You can also study this course with an Industrial Placement year. Use UCAS code: I260. The placement year will provide you with stand-out industry experience alongside your degree
- You’ll join a fascinating and rapidly-growing field with excellent employment prospects
- We are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research, on the ALICE experiment – you’ll have opportunities to get involved in this exciting project
- Employable Graduates – we’re ranked 15th highest amongst all UK universities and 12th for English institutions with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree: HESA 2016.