Early Childhood Studies (Joint Honours)
What is Joint Honours?
A Joint Honours degree gives you the opportunity to study two subjects as one degree. This type of degree will broaden your skill set and enhance your career prospects.
You can combine any two subjects as long as they’re in different zones, find out what you can combine this subject with.
Why choose this course?
- If you are interested in gaining an insight into childhood and exploring how children develop, learn and think, then this course is for you
- You'll have lots of career opportunities in early years when you graduate, as it is a fast growing area of employment within the UK
- There is an emphasis on the development of your transferable skills, such as teamwork, reflection and the ability to use research, that you'll need in your future career
- You'll have a range of relevant modules to choose from, which are designed to challenge your ideas about childhood
- You can combine this course with a range of other subjects, including sociology, education studies, psychology, popular culture and media, theatre arts, sport and exercise studies, maths, English, and law, allowing you to keep your options open.