In this section
BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
This course will give you a thorough grounding in working with children and young people.
- If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the honours degree programme, you can choose to start at foundation year stage
- Develop the skills and values needed when working with 0-19 year olds
- Gain hands-on experience on a practical, work-based course that’s developed with employers in the sector. From stage one, you’ll spend two days per week on placement and work in a variety of settings
- Enjoy the chance to travel abroad and experience education in other cultures
- Apply to complete Early Years Teacher Status following this course. This is essential if you want to lead and manage an early years setting.