Summer School for Students with Autism and Asperger Syndrome
Dates for 2017 still to be confirmed
The summer school provides new students with the opportunity to become familiar with the university during a quieter period and begin to prepare for successfully managing their transition to university.
The Summer School is a free event and is open to any student.
Specifically this summer school will offer:
- An opportunity to experience a lecture and develop academic skills
- A two night stay in the Halls of Residence and the opportunity to prepare a meal (this part is optional)
- A talk from current students, with Autism and Asperger Syndrome, who attended the summer school last year, to hear about their experiences of university so far
- An opportunity to begin to get to know other students and discover what is provided by the Students Union
- A focus on different types of support available and how to make best use of these
- An opportunity for a one to one meeting with someone from the Student Wellbeing Team to talk through any concerns and to develop an action plan for preparing for university
- An invite to a workshop for your parents/carers about preparing for your transition to university.
Further information is available in draft Sumer School Programme 2017 (available shortly)
Confirm your attendance and receive further information
- By texting your name + summer school to 07950 080714 or
- By telephone 01332 593000
Or please complete and return the Summer School Booking Form 2017 (available shortly) by
- Post: Summer School Co-ordinator, Student Wellbeing, Ground Floor, B Block, University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB
- Email: email@example.com