Enhance Your Learning - with skills workshops in the library.
The Enhance Your Learning skills workshops are open to all students and staff. Workshops are run in the Libraries at the Buxton Campus, Kedleston Road and Britannia Mill sites.
Kedleston Road, Derby : Information skills and Study skills workshops each Wednesday from 21 September to 14 December between 2pm and 4pm.
Buxton Campus: Information skills and Study skills workshops on various days during the Autumn Semester.
Britannia Mill, Derby: Information skills and Study skills workshops are available on alternate Tuesdays from 20 September to 13 December between 2pm and 3pm.
So what is available?
Topics covered by the workshops include:
- Getting started with Library Plus
- Finding electronic journals
- Improving your academic writing
- Making the most of online resources
- Referencing resources in your assignments
- Reflecting on your learning and skills development
- Using apps for University study
- Working, sharing and collaborating using the cloud based technology
- Introducing EndNote
Where are the workshops being held?
In the libraries at Kedleston Road, Britannia Mill and Buxton. If you can’t attend a session on campus, there are some sessions available for online learners too.
Do I need to book in advance or can I drop into a workshop?