Postal Loan quick guide
Requesting A Postal Loan
- We can only post books within the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- We are unable to post paper copies of books if we hold the title as an e-book.
- You can search for and reserve your books using the online Library catalogue.
- Please see our Requesting postal loan guide showing you how to reserve a postal loan.
Receiving and Returning the Books
- Books are sent to you by Recorded Delivery in a padded bag. They will require a signature on receipt so please let us know if you would like us to post them to an alternative address.
- Please reuse the padded bag to return your items and send them by Recorded Delivery. A return address label is provide in the package for you to use.
- We pay for the postage out to you, and you pay for the return postage.
- Returned books will be discharged from your library account when we receive them in our office. Please remember that we need to receive books by the due date to avoid fines.
Loan Periods, Renewals and Fines
- One week loan books are initially issued to you for two weeks to allow postage time. They can then be renewed for a week at a time. They incur fines at 50p per week if overdue.
- Standard loan books are issued and renewed for three weeks at a time. They incur fines at 10p per day if overdue.
- If a standard loan has been requested by another borrower after you it will be issued as a one week loan and will not be renewable
- If you accrue fines of more than £5 your borrowing rights will be suspended.
- All books can be renewed up to 10 times but are subject to recall. This means that if another student reserves a book you have on loan you will not be able to renew it.
- You can renew your books online via the library catalogue. Click on My Account and enter your P number.
For further information about our postal loan service please see our Guide to Services.
If you come onto the campus to borrow materials, your borrowing rights will be the same as an on campus student.