Kedleston Road (Derby)
Is there easy access to the Kedleston Road Library?
The Kedleston Road Library is entered via the Atrium. There is a lift for wheelchair access to all floors. The lift is at the front of the library and is key operated. You can get a key from the reception/security desk for either a single day or until the end of the academic year if required. (Please discuss this with a member of library staff)
Are there any accessible toilets available?
There are accessible toilets on the lower ground floor, the upper ground floor and on the first floor.
What computers and software are available in the Kedleston Road Library?
There are computers, printers and scanners on all floors. Every student computer in the Kedleston Road Library has:-
- TextHelp Read & Write software - reads aloud pages of text (web pages, word documents, PDF files). Useful for people who find it difficult to read large quantities of text online, The 'Speak as I Type' function is useful as a proof-reading tool when typing in Word.
- MindGenius - mind-mapping software that helps you capture, visualise and manage your ideas and information. It's useful for organising your ideas, planning, essay preparation and revising. It suits learners with a visual learning style.
- Vu-Bar - an on-screen, slotted reading ruler. Useful for those with dyslexia, when reading a lot of text.
- Windows 7 with its own inbuilt assistive features
There is a height adjustable workstation on the lower ground floor with specialist software Zoomtext and Jaws.
There is also a dedicated study room (Study Room 3) with assistive equipment including:
- 2 height adjustable workstations
- A large screen monitor attached to a PC with Zoomtext and Jaws
- A large LCD screen on the wall
- A ScannaR which can scan text and read it back
- 2 ergonomic chairs which provide extra support and flexibility
What assistive accessories can I use within the Library?
- Anti glare screen
- Keyboard and mouse wrist rests
What assistive equipment can I borrow?
The following equipment is available for loan by students with support plans. To borrow items you will need a form signed by an advisor from the Student Wellbeing Service.
- Voice Recorders
- Electronic Dictionaries
- Digital cameras
What photocopying facilities are there?
There are photocopying facilities on all floors. Materials can be enlarged or copied onto coloured paper - please ask a member of staff if you need help with this.
What computers and software are available in B2?
Every student computer has:-
- TextHelp Read and Write software
- MindGenius (mind-mapping software)
- Windows 7 with its own inbuilt assistive features.
There are height adjustable workstations in B205, B206 and B222 with computers loaded with Zoomtext and Jaws and equipped with large screen monitors