Code of Conduct
To help provide an effective service to staff and students of the University, the Library operates regulations that apply to all users
The following code sets out what is required of all users to make the Library an attractive place to work and to ensure that its resources are shared fairly amongst everyone who needs to use them.
As a Library user you're required to:
- comply with the University's Code of Conduct, particularly co-operating with and showing respect for other Library users and Library staff
- behave in a manner that does not disrupt other people using the Library. In particular, you must not talk in the Library study areas and keep conversations to a minimum elsewhere
- follow information on where food and drink may or may not be consumed
- be responsible for the safekeeping of all material issued to you
- complete the appropriate loan procedure before removing any material from the Library
- take proper care of all Library materials. You will be charged for anything lost or damaged. Deliberate damage is a serious disciplinary offence.
- return all items on time. Your borrowing rights will be suspended if any fines for late return remain unpaid
- always carry your ID card and do not allow your card to be used by other people
- notify the Library of any change of address or loss of ID card immediately
- follow instructions and take reasonable care when using Library equipment such as photocopiers. You will be charged for damage caused by not following instructions
Library staff are available to help you make the best use of resources and facilities. If you have any problems with the services, please ask and we will do our best to help.