Home/EU undergraduate students part-time
Invitation to enrol
You will be sent an email with a link to the online enrolment pages and a username and password.
This will be sent to:
- New students: the email address you provided during the admissions process
- Returning students: your Unimail address
If you're a placement year student you're not expected on campus for any part of the enrolment process.
Module selection should be discussed with an appropriate academic each year in order to make the right choice for your individual study.
An opportunity for discussion will arise as part of your College induction when you arrive on campus.
Returning students don’t need to select any modules that you have an active refer or defer against in a previous academic year.
- First familiarise yourself with the instructions on the Welcome page.
- After reading the Declaration, click on the Terms & Conditions to view these in more detail. They'll open in a new window; you will need to close this down before ticking to accept them.
- Next there will be a sequence of screens to check your personal and programme details.
- If you need to update your programme details please contact Student Records and Fees before going any further.
- At the Course List page you'll be asked to select each of your modules individually.
- If you can't see the module (or semester) you need, contact the Student Records and Fees team for guidance.
- Your module choices can be reviewed at the confirmation stage.
- Finally at the end of enrolment online you'll be shown a summary of your registration.
If you're unable to complete online enrolment before you arrive on campus, there will be an enrolment session scheduled into your faculty induction.
Once you have completed the online process you must confirm your enrolment with a member of the enrolment team on campus*.
If you are receiving financial support from Student Finance England you will need to bring your financial assessment letter confirming your tuition fees are being funded.
If you are being sponsored by a company you will need to bring a sponsor letter confirming that they are willing to support you.
If you are self-funding you will be required to pay 25% of the cost of your autumn modules before you can be confirmed. For further information on the payment terms click here
There are a number of ways to pay. Call our Finance Team on 01332 592742, see our cashier on campus or pay securely online.
If you don't complete enrolment you could be withdrawn from the University, so please ensure you contact us if you're experiencing any problems.
After we've confirmed your enrolment you'll receive a completion email. This is your proof of registration at Derby, so keep it safe.
*If you're a placement year student you won't need to come in. We'll confirm your enrolment as soon as you've enrolled online and made any necessary payments.
If you're a new student you'll have your photo taken for your ID card during your confirmation session, your card will then be posted out to you within two days and will last for the duration of your course.