Going on placement? - Once you are here - University of Derby

Going on placement?

Placements, exchanges and term one contracts 

Please note that we can’t offer contracts that suit the individual needs of each student.  We have standard contracts available and they are legally binding.  If you are thinking of going on placement or exchange feel free to contact us to discuss your case.  

Derby students can can talk to us at the Student Housing Centre Tel: 01332 594111 or pop into the Student Living Office on the Mezzanine Floor of South Tower at Kedleston Road Tel: 01332 591309.  Buxton students can pop down to the office at High Peak Halls or contact the Residential Manager Tel: 01298 330391


If you’re going on placement but have signed a contract for halls you will need to find a suitable student to live in your room while you are away.  To keep costs down many placement students find a suitable student to live in their room in their absence. If you would like to do this, Student Living may be able to assist, but are not responsible for finding a suitable replacemnet. Remember if you have signed a contract which lasts the whole of the academic year, you are legally bound to pay for the whole year.


If you are a Derby student who has decided to go on an ERASMUS or other exchange programme please contact us to discuss what we can offer. If you are an international student coming to Derby we will contact you once you have applied and paid the advanced booking payment.

Only here for term one?

If you are going to complete your studies at the end of term one we will need supporting evidence to confirm the scheduled date of completeion of your studies, prior to us making you a suitable accommodation offer.