Pre -booking Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACCEPT!
Please read the following booking terms and conditions carefully before completing Step 1 of the application process “Pre-booking service contract.”
- New students can apply for a room in halls provided they have accepted Derby as their first choice University on a full time course.
- Current or returning students can apply for halls provided they are full time students throughout their period of residence.
- You can apply for halls through the university's website and enter into the "Pre-booking service contract" through the payment of the £100 advanced booking payment.
- We are not obliged to meet your first or subsequent preference but will do our utmost to meet your requested preferences" with the halls and rooms available at the time of your booking.
- We guarantee a room in halls to first year and International students who apply before 31 July.
- We guarantee “University approved” accommodation to first year and International students who apply before 31 August.
2. We may refuse your application under the following circumstances:
- You are a current or previous resident who still owes hall fees after the third term payment date
- You are a current or previous resident whose behaviour in halls has been unacceptable and you have been subject to the halls disciplinary process.
- If you are applying late and we have no rooms left.
In all of the above cases, we will refund the booking fee in full.
3. Use of the Advanced Booking Payment of £100
If you accept the Offer of Accommodation we send you, the £100 charge will be deducted from your first term’s rent.
- The Advanced Booking Fee will be refunded in full under the following circumstances:
- We are unable to offer you accommodation in line with your preferences and are unable to find you a suitable alternative and you cancel your application.
- In instances where you apply for flatmate share and we are unable to meet your preferences or those of your friends or a suitable alternative and you cancel your application.
- You do not get the required grades to come to the University of Derby
- You are an international student and have failed to get the required visa to study in the UK.
- In some circumstances we will refund £50 of your Advanced Booking Payment and the remaining £50 will be charged as an administration fee. The Advanced Booking Fee will be partially refunded under the following circumstances:
- You decline the offer for no good reason and it is one of your preferences.
- You don’t take up your place at the University of derby
- You do not accept the Offer of Accommodation within 10 working days
3. Your right to cancel
- By accepting the “Pre-booking Service Contract” terms and conditions you relinquish your right to cancel at this stage and accept that you are liable for the £100 Advanced Booking Payment . Therefore the contract comes into immediate effect enabling DSRL to send you a prompt Offer of Accommodation will send you an Offer of Accommodation.
4. Our right to cancel
- Your offer of accommodation is valid for ten working days and after that period if you have not accepted the offer, your offer will be automatically cancelled, as a measure of goodwill, we will refund £50 of your advanced booking payment, the remaining £50 will be charged as an administration fee.
5. Staying longer than your contract
- If you arrive earlier than your agreed contract start date or stay later than the end of your contract, you will be charged for the additional nights’ accommodation at the appropriate (pro rata) nightly rate for your room type and period of occupation.
Data protection statement
When you apply for halls of residence, you accept that Derby Student Living can and may keep or pass on any relevant information about you, including your address, payment details conduct and contact details in the course of our legitimate business operations.