Starting Uni in September
Applications for halls for September
People starting courses in September 2017 can apply for halls from January 2017. Please be aware that you will have to pay the £100 Advance Booking Payment to complete the process.
If you have a firm offer of a place at Derby University, the Admissions team will contact you with your student ID number. Once you have this and halls applications are open you can apply online for a room in halls
- To secure your booking you will need to pay £100 deposit which will be deducted from your first term’s rent.
- When you apply you’ll be able to list approximately four preferences in terms of the hall and room you want.
- You’ll also be able to select a single gender or mixed gender flat.
- If you don’t get the right grades to get in at Derby, you’ll get your £100 refunded in full.
- We guarantee a room in halls to all new and overseas students who apply before 31 July (this applies to September starters only). If you are applying at other times of the year we will do our best to meet your requirements depending on availability.
- Once you’ve applied, we’ll be in touch by email with your offer of accommodation. To accept the offer complete and return the relevant paperwork to us.
- We’ll try our best to meet your requests but rooms tend to be allocated on a first come first served basis – so the earlier you apply the better.
- Make sure you read our terms and conditions before you apply.
What if Derby is my insurance choice?
If Derby is your insurance choice you won’t be able to apply for halls. If the situation changes after you get your exam results and you end up coming to Derby, you can apply for halls once you get your firm offer.
A once in a lifetime experience
Living in halls is a great experience and a fanatstic way to make friends and settle into University life.