Stay in our Derby halls
Our Derby halls are near the city centre, and just a short drive from the beautiful Peak District too.
We usually have rooms available* for short stay visitors during the summer, but term time availability is limited.
Our rooms are located in flats of between four and eight bedrooms and you'll have a choice of either standard or en suite rooms.
- Standard rooms contain a bed, desk, wardrobe and telephone. And you share a shower room.
- Standard plus rooms are similar to a standard room but with a TV lounge in the flat.
- En suite and en suite plus rooms have their own toilet and shower facilities, a bed, desk, wardrobe and telephone.
- Each flat has its own kitchen with a cooker, fridge freezer, microwave, table and chairs, and some kitchen utensils.
Complete the online booking form
Please make sure you give us a minimum of five working days notice to process your booking. If you wish to arrive within the five working day period since your initial booking/enquiry please call us on 01332 594111 to check availability first. Thank you.
You can contact the Student Housing Team to make a payment, change or cancel your booking.
Student Housing Centre: 01332 594111.
Terms and conditions
Due to the unprecedented demand for Derby University places this year, we will be unable to extend summer stays beyond Sunday 28 August 2016, unless you are taking up a room in halls for the September 2016 university entry.
- The minimum stay is 4 nights.
- The maximum stay for short term contracts is 10 weeks.
- For stays of 4- 13 nights full payment needs to be made in advance.
- For stays of 14 nights and over – an advanced booking payment of £100 must be made to secure the booking.
- We can’t guarantee you your first choice of room but we’ll do our best to meet your requirements from the choices you’ve made.
We may have to turn down or cancel your application if:
- You are a current resident who still owes hall fees after term three’s payment date.
- You are a current or previous resident whose behaviour in halls has been unacceptable.
- If we have no rooms left.
- If you don’t accept the accommodation within the given timescale.
In all these cases we will refund the booking fee or rent in full.
The Offer of Accommodation
- We’ll review your application and as long as it complies with these terms and conditions above you’ll receive an Offer of Accommodation including the
- To accept your offer you must agree to the terms and conditions of the Student Lettings-Agreement-V2-2016-17.
- Your Offer of Accommodation is valid for 14 days. After that period it will be cancelled if you have not accepted it.
Staying longer than your contract
If you arrive earlier than your agreed contract start or stay later than the end of your contract you will need to pay for any extra nights’ accommodation.
2016 student prices
Non students pay £20.75 a night plus VAT
If you want to make a group booking please use this booking form Group booking form 2016
or contact Alan Holloway:
T: 01332 594186