Applying for a room
All applications require an advanced booking fee of £100 to be valid.
Applications for halls after 31 December
People starting courses in January 2015 can now apply for halls by downloading an application form, completing it and returning it to us at Student Living.
- Download the application form for Derby halls - January 2015
- Download the application form for Buxton halls - January 2015
Applications for halls for September 2015
People starting courses in September 2015 can now apply for halls selection the link below and completing the application process. Please be aware that you will have to pay the £100 Advance Booking Payment to complete the process.
- If you have a firm offer of a place at Derby University, the Admissions team will contact you with your student ID number. Once you have this and halls applications are open you can apply online for a room in halls
- To secure your booking you will need to pay £100 deposit which will be deducted from your first term’s rent.
- When you apply you’ll be able to list approximately four preferences in terms of the hall and room you want.
- You’ll also be able to select a single gender or mixed gender flat.
- If you don’t get the right grades to get in at Derby, you’ll get your £100 refunded in full.
- We guarantee a room in halls to all new and overseas students who apply before 31 July.
- Once you’ve applied, we’ll be in touch by email with your offer of accommodation. To accept the offer complete and return the relevant paperwork to us.
- We’ll try our best to meet your requests but rooms tend to be allocated on a first come first served basis – so the earlier you apply the better.
- Make sure you read our terms and conditions before you apply.
What if Derby is my insurance choice?
If Derby is your insurance choice you won’t be able to apply for halls. If the situation changes after you get your exam results and you end up coming to Derby, you can apply for halls once you get your firm offer.
You can apply for a room in halls if you're registered as a full time Derby student when you book and you're intending to remain so while you're living in our halls.
We'll review your application, and as long as it complies with our terms and conditions,we'll let you know whether we can offer you a room in halls.
- If you want to apply with friends you can apply together so that you can all live in the same flat.
- If you are a returning student you may be eligible for a special offer