Research at Buxton Campus
The Culture, Lifestyle and Landscape research group is based here at the University's Buxton Campus and combines the work of over 20 researchers and a similar number of research students.
Culture, Lifestyle and Landscape research themes
Strategic themes for the group include areas of:
- dark tourism
- tourism in religious sites
- flow states in elite sportspeople
- hypnosis in sport
- destination websites
- Facebook for travel planners
- education relevant to the workplace.
Our research strategy is to make research available, applicable and relevant to teaching and learning, and to explore new areas of academic study.
Working with commercial partners
We provide unique synergies in the research environment and the key to our success is our ability to work closely and in a strategic manner with a select group of partners from the commercial world.
What we can offer our:
- a partnership
- research and development
- commercialisation of our research outputs
- staff training and professional development
- student and graduate talent.
See more about the organisations we already work with.