Professional development that works for you
If you're interested in continuous professional development (CPD) to boost your career, our postgraduate and professional courses will focus on building your employability from day one.
We offer part time routes for some of our masters courses, so you can combine study with your work and home life. You’ll study in the afternoon and/or evening or in block delivery at the weekend.
Masters courses are made up of a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Masters stage. Each stage takes one year to complete if you’re studying part time, and each is a recognised and respected qualification in its own right.
Our courses are designed flexibly, so you only sign up for one stage at a time. This means that if you feel you need a break from studying between stages, you can have one and then rejoin your course when you feel ready.
Alternatively, take advantage of the momentum of study and benefit from the support network you build with your fellow students and complete the full masters course in three years. It’s entirely up to you.
We offer these part time masters degrees:
- MBA (CMI Accredited)
- MBA – professional top up route
- MSc Business and Payroll Management
- MSc Human Resource Development (CIPD approved)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (CIPD approved)
- MA Leadership Coaching
Find out more about studying part time
Courses approved by professionals
Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies, such as:
- Institute of Acoustics
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, or
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
So you can be sure you're learning the knowledge and practical skills that employers are looking for, and you'll have a recognised qualification when you finish.
Professional body qualifications
If you’re working in a specific sector and are looking to develop your career, you’ll probably need professional body qualifications to get ahead.
Our business to business division, University of Derby Corporate, offers courses for:
- ACCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- CIMA – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- CIM – The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- CIPS – Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Find out more about our professional qualifications
We'll help you to prepare for your next step
You can use our Career Development Centre while you're at Derby and for up to three years after you graduate. We'll help you to:
- plan your career
- research your options
- improve the skills you'll need to get the job you want
- find vacancies
- improve your employability skills by working with a mentor.
Visit the Careers website to learn more about how the Career Development Centre can help you.
Services for business
We develop bespoke work based learning solutions for many of our clients, devising programmes to address specific gaps in the skills, knowledge and capability of their workforces.