Sharing knowledge and connecting expertise across the low carbon sector
We take a lead role in facilitating knowledge exchange and collaboration between businesses that promote low carbon innovation.
We can help your business through:
- Business networking
- Knowledge transfer
- Entrepreneurial learning
- SME development
- Networked learning communities and action learning.
How does it work?
We will work with you to facilitate knowledge transfer workshops, business breakfasts or learning circles so you can share your knowledge, expertise, challenges and successes in low carbon with other companies.
We can also:
- arrange student placements or internships and/or business expertise to help grow your business
- collaborate with regional organisations in order to connect with SMEs
- undertake specific research to assess the business needs of local low carbon SMEs
- connect low carbon SMEs with other businesses, public sector and not for profit organisations through student projects and knowledge transfer workshops.
We are working on a wide range of projects with businesses and not for profit organisations. Some examples of our work are:
Derby and Derbyshire Councils
We are working with the Councils to create a Low Carbon Economy ‘Roundtable’ to take forward proposals falling out of earlier research activity.
Nottingham and Nottingham Trent Universities
We are working together to provide a combined Universities response to the £240 million D2N2 regeneration fund consultation.
The Carbon Trust is working with us to incorporate low carbon themes into our curriculum, and is also working with us towards co-accreditation of a number of our modules.
Ellen MacArthur Foundation
We are working towards becoming one of the Foundation’s ‘network’ universities. This will involve incorporating specific content into our modules and identifying a specific project that provides tangible business benefits by addressing the theme of ‘circular economy’. This project will be focused on the ‘greening’ of a local supply chain.
Sustainable business news
- On-the-go H2O spearheads Ford's company-wide innovation drive at 'record pace'
- The Sustainable Business Covered podcast: Episode 10 - Back to CSR school
- AkzoNobel unveils new paint remanufacturing centre
- UK universities struggling to reach 2020 emissions target