Low carbon in our teaching
We’re ensuring sustainability and low carbon business innovation themes are incorporated through key modules in the Business School.
Specific content relating to sustainability themes can be found in:
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Sustainability and Ethics in Marketing
- Sustainability, Governance and Audit for Accountants
- An Introduction to Operations Management
- Managing Performance in Operations
- Innovation & Knowledge Transfer
- Small Business Start-up
- Systems Thinking & Process Improvement
- Entrepreneurial Management.
All Masters students in Derby Business School undertake independent research projects. These can explore low carbon business needs or the real world challenges faced by ordinary companies trying be more efficient through low carbon and sustainable business practices.
Sumedha Nishantha Rambukwella’s independent project was:
- Exploring the level of implementation of the low carbon policy within an organisation in the renewable energy sector: A case study of the Arkwright Society.
Ann Daabedwa Sefa-Boateng’s project was on:
- The economic impact of low carbon on small and medium sized enterprises: A survey of SMEs in Derbyshire.
PhD research in low carbon
If you would like to discuss or undertake PhD research in to low carbon business innovation, please contact:
Dr Christine Jones
T: +44 (0)1332 591833
Sustainable business news
- Next President unlikely to meet US emissions targets set in Paris
- Business must address 'timid action' to achieve SDGs
- Climate chief: UK must not use Brexit to water down environment laws
- Circular economy will place consumers at the heart of the value chain, says eBay