Our academic team
Fred has worked in the education sector for 25 years. He has a PhD in professional learning and specialises in system leadership and how people learn to become leaders.
His core skill is finding straight forward ways to help people, teams and organisations thrive and make a real difference to their staff, customers and service users.
At the University of Derby he coordinates the Business Innovation for a Low Carbon Economy group and is currently working on a collaborative action research project with two local authorities to improve energy efficiency across the whole school estate.
Paterson, F (2014) Accelerating the Shift to a Low Carbon Economy: What kind of local leadership do we need? Sustainable Innovation conference. Copenhagen
Paterson, F & Delight, P (2014) A study into how senior leaders learn to lead from experience. Critical Perspectives in Business Management Journal. University of Derby.
Creasy, J & Paterson, F (2005) Leading Coaching in Schools, Nottingham, NCSL.
Paterson, F & West-Burnham, J (2005) Developing Beginning Leadership in Southworth, G & Coles, M (Eds) Developing Leadership. Maidenhead. Open University Press.
Paterson, F & Ireson, G (2010) Taking a Local Solutions approach to a national challenge, BELMAS conference proceedings.
Tony's research can be categorised into three key areas: Creativity & Innovation; Sustainability and Applications of Artificial Intelligence. His Sustainability research includes:
- Reducing food waste in food supply chain
- Supply Chain for Circular economy
- Sustainable Agility
Tony is currently supervising PhD research projects in:
- Research and development of a methodology for enhancing the agility and sustainability of companies and supply chains
- Research into the use of RFID to support UK carbon reduction strategy in promoting sustainable supply chains
- Research into the optimisation of business processes.
Other members of our academic team include:
Sustainable business news
- 28 days later: What we know so far about the climate impact of Trump
- Capgemini unveils 'industry-leading' science-based targets
- Google to be powered 100% by renewable energy from 2017
- Shipping and aviation set to reverse half of Europe's transport carbon savings