Stenden University of Applied Sciences
Unleashing the potential of each student. That is the mission of Stenden University of Applied Sciences (SUAS). Therefore students get a lot of personal support and plenty of opportunity to work on their personal development and expand their horizons. Next to personal attention, SUAS believes in practising learned skills directly, which is why they have on-site learning companies and devote a lot of time to practical experience.
Stenden University is proud to offer Master programmes in International Hospitality & Service Management and in International Leisure & Tourism studies. These Master degree programmes place an emphasis on connecting education, research and application, to maximise the employability of graduates.
The Master programmes are validated by the University of Derby, UK and accredited by the Dutch Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO). As a consequence, students are offered a unique opportunity to gain a dual award, by enrolling on a Master of Science programme of the University of Derby in addition to the Dutch University of Applied Sciences Master of Arts degree.
- MA Master in International Hospitality and Service Management
- MA Master in International Leisure and Tourism Studies
- MSc International Hospitality and Service Management
- MSc Master in International Leisure and Tourism Studies
Key highlights of the Accredited Master Double Degree Programmes
- Opportunity to gain a dual award (Dutch Master of Arts and UK Master of Science)
- The programmes combine theoretical study, practical application and applied research, maximising the employability of graduates
- A common core, providing a solid foundation and international orientation, is supplemented by specialisations including events, entrepreneurship and research projects.
- Active involvement in real research projects as part of the Academy of International Hospitality Research (AIHR) or the European Tourism Futures Institute (ETFI).
- Stenden is a Full Accredited Member of the International centre of Excellence for Tourism and Hospitality (THE_ICE)
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Management, Hospitality, Tourism, Leisure Studies or a related course, are eligible for entry to these programmes. Applicants with alternative qualifications are asked to send an email to email@example.com for consideration on an individual merits. A personal interview is part of the application process. The programmes are delivered in English, therefore applicants should be native speakers or hold IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent). Please visit www.stenden.com for more information.
Students apply directly to SUAS and enrol in September. Once enrolled, the University of Derby provides students with ID cards and access to the University’s virtual learning environment (University of Derby Online) where online resources and learning materials are available. Students will receive administrative support from both SUAS and University of Derby.
Awarding students will be invited to attend a University of Derby Awards Ceremony held in Buxton, UK in November.