Supporting you and your business
By collaborating with other departments across the University, and with other relevant external organisations, we can provide tailored technical and business support and training for your low-carbon business.
We help organisations access the business expertise, research and leadership skills that will help you grow and succeed in this emerging market. We can also help your business connect with other businesses across the sector to share cutting-edge knowledge and practice in low carbon business innovation.
Areas of expertise
Our academic team has a wealth of expertise to offer organisations developing low carbon products or services:
Low carbon business innovation
- innovation and entrepreneurial learning
- strategic marketing for low carbon SMEs
- internal and external marketing
- low carbon business start-up
- accountancy tools for low carbon SME business resilience
Low carbon supply chains
- expertise in creating efficient green supply chains
- managing business efficiency
- sustainability and business operations improvement
Change and civic leadership
We provide support for activities to promote low carbon innovation across businesses:
- expertise in the behavioural economics of carbon efficiency, such as the use and impact of behavioural ‘nudges’ on business performance and carbon reduction.
- expertise in the leadership of whole systems, such as green regional innovation systems, place based or sector wide change initiatives
- support to create strategy and build strategic capability for large scale and organisation-wide change initiatives
- evaluation expertise to help initiatives and businesses demonstrate the impact of their carbon efficiency work
- knowledge transfer and business networking.
Across the University we have expertise and provision in the following centres:
- The Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering
- Enscite - a joint venture between four partners: Derby City Council, University of Derby, Aston University and Cranfield University to improve the performance of supply chain companies in the transport engineering sector
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Sustainable Design and Innovation
- Evolve - support and space for new and growing businesses.
Sustainable business news
- Innovative battery system links solar park to the grid
- WWF: Third-party sustainability standards can advance SDG progress for business
- Technology growth can spur low-carbon energy system and save $1.6trn, says report
- London to enforce world's 'toughest' vehicle emissions charge in October, says Sadiq Khan