In this section
BSc (Hons) Human Biology
Why choose this course?
- Progress your career development and strengthen your employability through work placements and internships, offered on a competitive basis. We have links with the Royal Derby Hospital and the Institute of Cancer Research (London)
- Acquire up-to-date bioscience skills that are important for jobs in areas such as medical research, the NHS, health charities, and biomedical-focused industry
- There will be opportunities, on a competitive basis, for you to apply to help with our human health team's research
- Learn and work alongside an academic team who are recognised nationally and internationally for their high quality research and teaching
- Tailor your course to your own interests in human biology by choosing from a wide range of specialised modules in bioscience, psychology, and sport science
- Develop an understanding of how lifestyle choices, infectious diseases and genetic diseases, such as cancer, can impact on the health of an individual.