In this section
BSc (Hons) Zoology
Why choose this course?
- Study on one of only four courses in the UK accredited by the Royal Society of Biology, meaning that when you graduate you'll meet the requirements for Associate Membership and can apply for full membership following appropriate professional experience
- If you take our optional 'Tropical Marine Biology' module, you will have the opportunity to visit the Maldives
- Learn from a teaching team who have been rated as 'excellent' by quality inspectors, like Professor Karim Vahed, a world expert in the sexual behaviour of invertebrates
- Have the opportunity to work closely with Sea Life, Twycross Zoo and Derby Museums, as well as Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, to get industry experience through work placement opportunities
- Participate in fieldwork in the UK and abroad so you can put the theory you learn into practice. Previous students have travelled to Majorca to take part in a week-long project
- Opportunity to undertake paid internships with the University or relevant employers
- You can study zoology on its own or as part of a joint honours degree. Please see our joint honours page for the subjects you can combine zoology with.