Membership of Governing Council
The Governing Council consists of at least 15 and no more than 24 members, of whom a majority shall be independent and shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- In recognition of the historical contribution of the Church of England to the University, at least one Independent Governor will be appointed by the Council following consideration of a recommendation for appointment by the Lord Bishop of Derby.
- The Vice-Chancellor, for as long as s/he holds office as the Vice-Chancellor
- Two members of academic staff put forward by the Academic Board
- Two further staff, one of whom is a non-academic member of staff
- Two student Governors put forward by the Students’ Union