What is Adaptive Release?
Adaptive Release provides controls for determining when content is made available to students, based on a set of rules. Rules can be set up based on date and time, individual usernames, membership in course groups, review status of another item in the course and assessment attempts and scores.
Why would I use Adaptive Release with my students?
- Supports differentiation and individual learning pathways by controlling when and who can access materials.
- Gives students access to information at the point of when they are ready to progress to the next stage in the programme. For instance, availability of material once they have completed a task within Course Resources.
- If you have more than one class set accessing the same course within Course Resources (Blackboard) you can use Adaptive Release to control when each class set can view content (see also support on Granulation and Groups).
- Supports group work through the ability to release different content to different groups, dependent on the different tasks and sources of information needed by different groups.
- For personalised feedback (see the help guide on Feedback folders for more information)
How do I use Adaptive Release with my students?
- The Adaptive Release Tool within Course Resources (Blackboard) can be used for each item using the item's contextual menu. There are different options available within Adaptive Release.
- Adaptive Release: Used to set up basic rules per item. One rule per item can be set using this tool.
- Adaptive Release (Advanced): This tool can be used to create multiple rules per item.
- Set review Status: This tools allows a variable to be set that tracks student review of materials.
If an item has been made unavailable, students will not be able to view it regardless of any adaptive release rules.
It is important to note the following:
- Adaptive Release can be used to create individual learning pathways for students.
- Adaptive Release can be used to direct students to material in different formats and to additional resources if needed.