The following materials have been written as a framework for academic staff as a means of considering changes to the design of the curriculum and to practices which would meet the learning and teaching needs of students with special educational needs and or disabilities.
It is hoped that these materials are useful to academic colleagues and provide the necessary guidance to facilitate staff development in the areas of special educational needs and disability.
- Action for Blind
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Disability - Directgov
- The Disability Discrimination Act
- Dyslexia Action
- The British Dyslexia Association
- The Dyslexia/SpLD Trust
- The Equality Act
- Dyspraxia Foundation
- National Centre for Eating Disorders
- National Association for Special Educational Needs
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Lecture Recording Guidelines
- Mental Health Foundation
- Mind (Mind is the leading mental health charity for England and Wales)
- National Association of Disability Practitioners (NADP)
- Teachability (The Teachability project at the University of Strathclyde promotes the creation of an Accessible Curriculum For Students With Disabilities through making freely available informative publications for academic staff)
- The National Autistic Society
- The Higher Education Academy
- Royal National Institute of Blind People
What's Happening ...
Effective Programme Management
14 December 2016
1-2pm (KR) and 4-5pm (Bux)
A session focused on exploring Programme Leadership designed for new in-post programme leaders and programme leaders who would benefit from sharing / developing best practice.
For more information and to register please view our APP webpage.