Using Course Resources (Blackboard)
Colleges require External Examiners to access modules within their designated programs. In order for this to happen, a number of management functions need to be carried out; including managing permissions, associating module content and being able to access the uploaded work.
Due to the nature of some programs, these procedures may not be relevant in all cases, but this information is intended to provide overarching guidance to those who are involved in the University's External Examiner activity.
Further tailored guidance can be obtained from college quality administrators.
Complete guide for External Examiners
Individual sections from the complete guide for External Examiners
- Adding New External Examiners to programs and modules
- Adding New or Removing Modules from existing External Examiners accounts
- Process for setting up External Examiners module folder
- Create folder
- Adaptive Release Basic
- Process for selecting and downloading a sample of assignments
- Process for uploading papers to the External Examiners module folder
- Instructions for External Examiners
- Managing how Course Resources emails are sent to External Examiners
- Accessing content in archived modules
- Access Privileges for Modules
- Document Communications Network
- Annex A - External Examiner Bulk Account Request Spreadsheet
Some external examiners may still be asked to access the TurnitiUK Submission point or the Course Resources submission point directly. The guides below provide advice on how to access these and view students submissions and feedback.
What's Happening ...
2 March (10am - 4pm)
This course is designed for university lecturers of all ages, experiences and nationalities, and also for researchers who may feel nervous or prefer not to be teaching!
For more information please view our dedicated webpage.